We hope you enjoy our latest Milestone 7. This year we celebrate Halloween with a big discount voucher: If you order any FDT subscription during the next days*, we’ll grand you 20% off! Please choose your favorite subscription length: 24 Month subscription now for 19€/month. Get it here! 12 Month Subscription now for 23€/month. Get […]
Compilation Improvements and new AS3 Formatter Compile your Flash/Flex/AIR projects way faster now and chain up launch configurations for complex build processes. The new AS3 Formatter gives you even more settings to configure your code style.
- Faster Compilation
By using the Flex Compiler API instead of FCSH/MXMLC compile speed of both full and incremental build has increased tremendously.
- Less Memory Consumption
By getting rid of FCSH memory consumption was also reduced dramatically especially in bigger projects with multiple modules.
- Launcher Chains
The new tab “Launcher Chain” in the FDT launch configurations makes it possible to chain up launch configs of any type as well as ANT targets in any desired order. This makes it very easy to setup complex build processes.
- New AS3 Formatter
Even more options in the AS3 Formatter settings to configure your code style.
- Use Embed source paths relative to the src folder
- Compile progress shown in FDT Progress panel
- Launch Configurations are saved in the project by default
- Button next to Run/Debug to reset all active compiler instances
- Flex Compiler API is also used in FDT ANT tasks
- Flex SDK version compatibility restrictions deactivated
- <fdt.startDebugger/> ANT task broken
- If you’ve changed the default project types and templates, FDT will reset them after updating.
- Existing FDT4 users: If you have FDT4 already you can get the latest update from the Eclipse menu item Help->Check for Updates
- New FDT4 users: If new to FDT4, you can download the latest milestone standalone installer here for a 30 days trial.
- Current FDT3 users: If you hold a FDT 3 license already, either Pure, Professional or Enterprise, you can run full FDT4 Beta features until released. Enjoy!
- New FDT 3.5 users: If you bought FDT 3.5 after 25 January 2010 FDT 4 is free for you!
Additional improvements or bug fixes in M4: bugs.powerflasher.com
[FDT-817] – Nesting try-catch blocks render false errors for the error instance
[FDT-825] – Back References has duplicate items in Profiler
[FDT-858] – missing error warning at missing space in code
[FDT-872] – Function file import statements do not get fixed during refactoring
[FDT-881] – Launch configuration for swc library doesn’t use -external-library-path
[FDT-918] – Vector class not imported when targeting Flash 10
[FDT-921] – Missing Autocomplection after newline seprated dot.
[FDT-928] – Exporting AIR release build uses wrong Flex SDK.
[FDT-933] – Highlighting matching bracket is flickering, when making a selection by cursor keys
[FDT-940] – Problem using post-compile Ant task inside an AS3 launch profile
[FDT-990] – Init outline throws error when closing editor
[FDT-1033] – FDT Library Launcher must remove -is compiler arg when using manifest.xml
[FDT-1042] – compilation flex sdk 4.1
[FDT-1065] – Nullpointer exception when choosing “auto addd RSLS on debug” during launch
[FDT-1069] – AIR Application release broken
[FDT-1072] – Create AIR Certificate has no function anymore
[FDT-1073] – Compiler Arguments auto add carriage returns inbetween arguments
[FDT-1077] – Launching with SDK > 3.5 invokes no viewer. Halts on fcsh complete.
[FDT-1079] – FDT does not compile, after Exception is thrown
[FDT-1086] – Exception while opening project – restart of eclipse needed
[FDT-1114] – Fix Shortcut for Rename refactoring
[FDT-1115] – Automaticly fix library path of old launchers
[FDT-1116] – Organize Import always adds blank line after last import
[FDT-124] – Add “Check All” button in Formatter preferences
[FDT-879] – ANT task for FDT Profiler
[FDT-919] – Cannot add Linked Libraries via FDT Build Path Preferences
[FDT-988] – Icons for new features in FDT 4
[FDT-1081] – Tracing a variable by typing its name with or without “;”
[FDT-1118] – Build time infos should not be red
Working on these issues now check our bugs.powerflasher.com