FDT 5 Release Notes
From FDT Documentation
- Allow For Custom JVM Arguments FOr External SWF Viewer
- Add Ability To Prevent An Application From Launching After Compiling
- Have All AIR Platforms Available In One Project Type & New Project Type 'AIR All'
- Ant Task for Export (Publish) Application
- Notify Customer If The Quicktrace Template Is Missing
- Provide Option To Prevent ADL Launch After Compiling ( Or Prevent Any Launch After Compiling )
- Add Support For Multiple Profiles When Using AIR Applications
- A Way To Customize Arguements Sent To ADT
- A Way To Customize Arguements Sent To ADL
- Have Add Semicolon Quick Fix Be In FDT Free
- Add Tab Stop To Edit Type When Using 'Create getter in ... and asign to private field'
- Add autocomplete when overriding functions
- Option to automatically save before renaming / refactoring
- The "Create new MXML" wizard should not allways use Application as Superclass
We've disabled many of the Eclipse update sites, they are still there, you just need to reenable them. We did this because many people were being (rightly) confused when FDT would notify of an update and there would erros in the update site which were NOT related to FDT.
This was a maintenance release to FDT 5.5. It mostly addresses issues associated with migrating from FDT 5.0->5.5.
- Blackberry Support
- ANE Support
- Setup Wizard
- Debugger Enhancements
- Improved Quick Assists & Fixes
- New Ant Tasks
FDT 5.5 requires Eclipse 3.7+. Earlier versions of Eclipse will not work.
- Currently cannot add items to "refactor" and "run" menus.
- When used as a linked resource, ANEs can be recognized as a .SWC and not compiled correctly. See the ticket here.